If we consider recent era as mobile era recent statistics on mobile app marketplaces are confirming it because Google Play has 1.3 million apps while Apple store is blooming with 1.2 million apps. Thus, mobile application users are happy with it as they have good opportunities to select the wide range of applications with desired quality and with bargaining.
Unfortunately, these big figures hence great competitions are posing great challenges for developers and entrepreneurs who think of some good fortunes from the app market places. As we have seen above that Google Play store is enjoying top position in number game, getting ranking and grabbing huge download are definitely require App Store Optimization (ASO) talents from Android developer side or say for the Android app development marketer side.
If you are not familiar with ASO let me explain it in simple terms that just like Search Engine Optimization, you have to obey the search algorithm of Google Play Store. Unfortunately, just like general search engines, none knows the exact and real algorithm of Google Play store so we have to rely on general assumptions and experiences of marketers who are getting success in the market consistently, not occasionally.
Let’s explore what has been said by experts and top rankers about the Play store success formula.
Technique #1: Keyword Optimization
Some recent surveys on the Play store have revealed that there are 300% increase in download of apps, which have righteously done keyword optimization. Now, question is what are the techniques to do right keyword optimization for Google Play store? There is a big volume of content has been written on this subject, but we can extract it as:
- Relevancy of keywords with the purpose of your app and the keywords should clarify that what your Android app about is.
- Thorough keyword research is mandatory to find out right keywords for your app and you should use the latest keyword research tools such as:
- Sensor Tower
- Ninja Search Combination Tool
- After broad keyword research, narrow down selection by keeping only relevant and high traffic volume keywords as well as segregate them further to apply in app title and app description in Play store.
Technique #2: Title Optimization
- Create unique, relevant, comprehensive, and intuitive title by infusing your top or primary keyword/s.
- Make title short enough to deliver your core message regarding app.
- Avoid use of general terms or their misspellings in the title.
Technique #3: Description Optimization
- Deliver only the things that your users want and for that do enough prior research of audience as well as its requirements.
- Place the most vital text “above the fold” for better visibility and review it in Google Play.
- Apply same SEO Best Practices in your Description that you apply for a website or web application on the web.
- Best practice: use your keywords 5 times in your app description.
- Respect the Google Play Content Policies regarding SPAM and IP Infringement such as keyword spamming, impersonation, etc.
Technique #4: Promo Text Optimization
Only provide very short and one-line texts/description of your app experience. Try to add as much as possible reviews with five star ratings. In due course, you can use your social media campaign to collect quality reviews from real customers.
Remember that reviews not only improve the rating, but also attract more and quality traffic to get sure conversion.
Technique #5: Appearance Optimization
In order to stand out in search results, categories, and featured app lists, you need to create great app icons, images, and awesome sets of screenshots help make your app
Take screenshots that depicts the best parts of you app and appear as if they’re running on a device as well as add artwork overlay if possible
Technique #6: Do Localization in Globalization
Take help of automated machine translations of Store Listings that Google provides. Thus, you can attract the local targeted audience besides international audience. Tweak local language with human translators if possible to appeal the local and variety of cultures.
Technique #7: UX Design
- Create the great user experience by building the long lasting and meaningful experience
- Provide good customer support and services by quickly responding to your users for their queries and addressing their issues immediately
- Encourage your actual users to provide you positive feedback in the form of ratings and comments
- Take regular updates by maintaining and improving your app
If you are in search of such experienced and trained team of Android app developers to get good ranking and obtain high ROI in Google Play store, Mindinventory and its team of android app developers is the best and wise idea to hire for your dream Play store adventure.